Last modified on:06/04/2012
Reservation-Less Conference Calling
State employees now have a new reservation-less conference bridge available for use effective immediately. With the new bridge:
- You will never have to pre-arrange a conference call again with a conference operator.
- Never again experience a ‘locked’ bridge
- Your account is good until it is canceled.
- There is no limit to the number of participants on the call, however, if over 100, a heads up to the conference operator is appreciated.
- Accounts can be set up quickly and over the phone.
- When setting up an account, you will need to provide your name, phone number, agency name and billing number.
- You will be given your moderator code which is the control code of the conference call, an attendee code and an access number to call in a return email.
- Whenever you want to conduct a conference call, you will use these same codes (control and attendee) and access number.
- Billing for all your conference calls will continue to come from OCIO on your telephone bill.
- The rate for the reservation-less system will be a flat $.05 a minute usage per participant with NO set up fee.
To create a new account please call 402-472-3711. You will need to provide: your contact name, contact number, agency name and billing number. You also will be required to follow-up this phone call with a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive a return email response when your account has been set up with your moderator code, attendee code and access number.
The old meet-me-bridge equipment will be terminated June 30th, 2012. http://www.cio.nebraska.gov/network_serv/voice/confcall.html
If you have any conference calls scheduled after June 30th on the old meet-me-bridge that you will no longer need, please remember to call the conference operator at 402-472-3711 to cancel the reservation.
Below are some basic instructions on using the new reservation-less bridge. When you create a new account, you will be sent similar instructions along with your credentials.
Please use the following instructions to complete your calls. These codes are for you to use exclusively at any time you wish; no need to pre-arrange calls with the conference operator, unless your billing information has changed.
* Dial the Conference Access Number: (888) xxx-xxxx
If you are the chairperson/ host, enter in your Moderator Code: Example: 1234567#
All other participants will enter the Attendee Code: Example: 9876543#
Note: The conference will not start until the moderator joins.
Moderator Only Quick Commands
*2 Record Conference Start and Stop (Read additional information below)
*6 Toggle Mute
*7 Toggle Conference Lock
*8 Toggle Presentation Mode - Mutes/unmutes all Attendees - Leaves Moderator unmuted
Attendee Quick Commands
*6 Mute/Un-Mute Own Line
* If you expect international callers, please contact the conference operator with the country the person will be calling from, and you will be given an alternative access number to provide to the international caller (international rates apply)
Additional Information on RECORDING a call: After entering *2, the moderator will be prompted to create a recording number on the system. Be sure to write down the number, as you will need to provide it, along with the moderator access code, when requesting the audio file from the conference operator. You may do this by phone at 472-3711 or email it to email@example.com. The conference operator will send you a link to your recording via email. This will be billed at $.05 per minute.
For technical assistance, please dial the conference operator at (402)472-3712.